Thursday, July 14, 2011

What do you think is best SINK or SWIM parenting or protective parenting?

Good question! I vote SINK or SWIM but only after age 5-6. I know it sounds tough and harsh but there is no reason why there can’t be plenty of hugs and cuddling during this. Personally, I feel kids are too entitled, protected and spoiled. They have no ability to cope with adversity or survive without Mommy’s bubble of comfort surrounding them. Unfortunately for these kids, public school and the world in general will never be as accommodating as a mother. But you do the math. Exactly how much time is Mommy around you after you start school full time? I would rather my son learn to be resilient, flexible and prepared than caught completely off guard and be naïve and clueless. But not until they are at least 5 or 6. Until then they should be completely guarded and protected from themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment